Wednesday 19 June 2013

Kayaking on lake Kaitawa!

Squishing on a life jacket. I hop in a single kayak. Narelle pushes me out. I yell to Cameron, “This is awesome I’m going to the reids over there”. Cam screams to me “ I am following you!” I head to Ollie hes just going round in circles. I get to him, “What are you doing?” as I gave him a shunt. I hear a noise I look around its a Kereru! Up in the tree, I wonder what its doing I thought to myself, by now it was a speck in the distance. I decide to go up to the bank, there I could just watch the nature and what the birds were up to. I hear David he saying “Lets play tag! I’m in” said David. Everyone was crowded around David so they were going to get tagged. David went straight at Josh, Josh was not quick enough to get away. there was the first person tagged, it was like a virus everyone was getting tagged I was doing my own thing just gazing at the sky and the birds I decide to lay low and stick around the edge of the lake. I decide to go around the lake again. I go past the landing wharf I get called in, my butt is wet! I didn’t care I will have to wait for about ten minutes Cam comes in I go back out with him, we are in a double “Left left” I scream at Cam. “Ok I’m trying he yells back” We decide to go back in. We both want and need single kayaks. I get to go out first in this cute scrunched up kayak, it’s red I Kayak with Cam and Ollie they were following me. I head towards the reids wanting to see a big fish there was none though. I decide to go to the middle of the lake and see how deep it is, deeper than the ore I was surprised I did not want to fall out now I go smash into a big stick I start paddling backwards I go on a rampage racing all the double kayaks, I beat them by miles! I decide I’m going to stare at the Kereru, the Kereru then flies straight over my head like a Hawk I turn and look around I see a road, power lines cutting over the lake and a lot of trees. we get called in. We get told thats it. We take the kayaks up the adults clean them I found the kayaks really heavy. Ellis is helping us. He was a fantastic helper. I love kayaking. I race back down to see if anyone needs help, nobody needed help though, I thought they might I was wrong, I sprint with all my might up the hall. trying to get to the top really fast. I make it with a few deep breaths. I kept looking at the fire pits, thinking I want to have a bonfire. We all head back up to the dorms to play quietly while the adults make lunch. For lunch is cheese toasties, Yum I thought, “I love cheese toasties” I said to Ollie. “Me too” said Ollie. Finally we could eat some toasties! They were yummo, scrumptious and delicious! I reckon the parents did an amazing job on the toasties. I ate 7 pieces, they were roll cut in half. After lunch we had the Amazing race! Sam kept saying “ The race is amazing because I’m in it” Omg that was annoying! Thanks for reading Ben.

7 comments:

  1. You can tell you really loved the kayaking, Ben.

    Your enthusiasm comes through in your writing. You use language features such as similes very well to describe your experience for the reader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Ben!!! an awesome store
    cape it up Ben!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really cool story Ben!
    It looked like you really enjoyed Kayaking:)
    I was wet too.
    It felt yuck!
    Well Done:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing work Ben!
    I can tell that you really like it,
    great simile like Kereru then flies straight over my head like a Hawk.
    Awesome verbs Ben!
    Keep up the good work Ben!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Ben
    Your story was great it was really cool to read.
    You have got a nice photo too.
    Well done !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome ben!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it looks cool ben

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...